Sunday, August 29, 2010

Cryonite Cove

On Saturday I started my new blog about the online space game Pirate Galaxy. The name is Cryonite Cove, and it can be found at http://cryonitecove.blogspot.com/


The blog is driven by my writing ambition rather than my genuine fondness for the game. I’m not one of those people who are driven to gain status within a hobby. Some strive to the best, others to be the most famous. You can do this by having the biggest collection of x, be the best player of y, or being the most opinionated and vicious critic of the hobby they love (Comic Book Guy, I’m looking at you.) Desmond Morris opened my eyes to this sort of thing in the Naked Ape, and I’ve never looked at my fellow sci-fi and gaming nuts the same since.

Writing novels and short fiction is hard, I like what I write but it kills me to do it. Blogging is easy. How good it is I couldn’t say (not modesty, I just haven’t assessed my blogging ability yet), but motivation is not a problem. For now anyway, maybe the novelty will wear off.

Anyway, the blog is up and running. If all goes to plan I’ll write an entertaining and interesting blog which Pirate Galaxy fans will flock to, earning me vast sums of cash through advertising as they do. As I love the game and enjoy blogging, it shouldn’t be akin to pulling my own teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment