Monday, August 9, 2010

New Wolf Family Tattoo

Last week I got my fourth and so far largest tattoo, picture on the right. It was a birthday present, and I am extremely grateful to the giver.

The wolves represent my family, so the colouring of the fur and the eyes matches the person. I had it done at Tattoo Palace in Wolverhampton, and the artist was Corry. You can find them on Facebook.

I gave Corry the design brief, and showed her some examples of tattoo styles that I did and didn't like. I didn't want it to be one of those photograph-like tattoos or too dark. I like comic book style art so it is a little stylised. I gave her a drawing fee and two weeks later came back to see the finished design, which I loved.

It was done in one three and a half hour session, with a couple of ten minute breaks. The upper arm is one of the easiest places to get tattooed, but by the end I'd definitely had enough.

Now I just need to plan my next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment