Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Write Place Vs Prizemagic

As I posted the other day, The Write Place has cancelled it's novel competition. After a quick bit of Google action I found out that the 'third party's website' was www.prizemagic.co.uk

I didn't see Michael Shenton's original comment on the competition, but his latest post refers to the value of the prize (publishing) and he suggests that the publishing firm are involved in vanity publishing. I've no idea myself either way so you can read the available comments on both sides and make your own mind up. Either that or just move on.

Whatever you decide to do, bookmark Prizemagic. It has an impressive list of writing competitions that are currently live. A valuable resource for budding poets and authors. It also lists active non-literary competitions which are based on skill, in case you want to put some determined effort into winning a car or holiday. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment